Wednesday, May 1, 2013

(Ahem)...

... Yeah, still waiting on that callback...

I wrote quite some time ago about what I call "Rejection Etiquette" -- the lack of civility and professionalism from employers who don't acknowledge a job applicant. Even if there are 10,000 applicants for a job, it's incredibly easy for a reply a-mail that says "We got your stuff, if we like it you'll hear from us." That's the least they could do, because it tells the prospect that their material was received, and absolves them of the obligation of any further contact if they're not interested.

It's quite rare, actually, that even that happens.

So last week I had a strong phone interview that ended with the employer saying "We'll get back with you about coming in for a face-to-face interview next week."

Here's how I heard that: "We WILL contact you and we WILL have you come down to learn more about you. You ARE a candidate for this job."

That was Wednesday. It's the following Wednesday. I would like to have heard from them by now.

So I wait. I guess this is one of those that I have to be understanding about their possible scheduling issues and assume that this is just slow-moving. But ... hurry up!

No comments:

Post a Comment