Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 23: Go West

"Some days you eat the b'ar, and some days, the b'ar eats you." - The Stranger, from The Big Lebowski

In Quebec a couple of days ago, the b'ar won. Today, I won.

Not a huge amount of details, other than that after 'rasslin and wrangling with my psyche, I managed to craft a fairly kickass and compelling pitch to join a great organization back in California.

In very few cases are people lucky enough to work someplace that is perfect. I'm talking a perfect blend of what you do, who you do it with, how you do it. I've worked at places that were great businesses but had lousy management. Or places with great management but a flawed business. Or places with many perks, incentives, opportunities but perhaps for the wrong reason.

Even the places that I worked that got most of it right had some issues. The search continues.

Just a quickie, cause I'm tired. Weird dreams last night. First, I got way too overheated. Sweat-head. Ugh. Then a weird dream of being pursued, and a related dream about a friend who was being conspired against and I had to help him. Why can't I dream about pizza?

Anyone ever had a dream about pizza?

Anyway, also got the housecleaning project completed. It required a lot of insect elimination. Lovely. Now I'm feeling kinda skeeved. Think I'm gonna take the night off.

Oh, and GO MAVERICKS!


Today's timesheet: 7.5 hours.
Researching jobs/prospects: 5 hours.
Jobs applied for: 4 -- Copywriter, Business Editor, Local Editor, Features Editor, GOOD, LA.
Other productive activities: Finishing window project (buggy!), making experimental grilled cheese sandwiches (didn't completely work), coupla blog posts, checking in with DD, 3 hours.
Nonproductive activities: Web time suckage, 1.5 hours.
Song for today: "Good Vibrations" by The Beach Boys. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxjqi_the-beach-boys-good-vibrations_music

No comments:

Post a Comment