Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 34: Arise

The stats tell me that a few people have found their way here. Thanks. It's affirming to me that anyone is interested.

After last Thursday's major letdown I have been away a few days. My mom visited, which was nice. I simply didn't have the inspiration to write anything or much to report. I fell down.

Literally, it turned out. A little after 5 a.m. Monday, I was coming downstairs to let the dogs out. I missed the last step and took a tumble. It was scary, because any sort of injury is not in the budget nor is it conducive to job search. For a lot of seniors -- like my parents, for example -- and millions more who have little or no insurance, the issue of health care coverage is ever-present. It could literally ruin a family.

There's a lot of things wrong in this country, and this is one of them. We shouldn't have people afraid to have an accident, or unable to get treatment if that accident happens.

Anyway, thanks for asking, I'm fine. My knee hurts and so does the shoulder I landed on. Much better today and I expect to resume my preparation for "Dancing With The Stars" soon.

OK, back to the search. BTW, Gannett eliminated 700 jobs today, including the one my new friend Chris had. Hang in there, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment