Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 45: Daze

It's really hard for me to focus the past few days. There's too much in my brain right now. One of the worst things a job search generates is this fear of rejection. It's like being a dweeb kid and trying to make those first steps to lose your awkwardness and ask out a girl, speak out in class, go out for the team... whatever it is that you're too scared to try.

I've heard from a handful of outlets who I have applied to. The good news is now I know. The bad news is that the kind of places that are professional enough to respond even with a rejection are the places you really want to be. LocalGiant is one of those.

Sigh.

I have to make myself write. It's difficult because a few days ago I got a little mad at myself for holding back. I think the people who are able to just rip it and tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but are the people who resonate. Yet I am fearful. Why? Because in some cases that truth follows you around and can be used against you. Ask Bill Clinton about "I didn't inhale" or "I never had sex with that woman." The truth-tellers get punished one way or another.

Geez. I'm gonna hit the bike in a little while. Hope to clear out the cobwebs a bit. I need a breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment