Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 361: Homework

Up early today to study for next week's big tests. I cannot wait to get in there and show my stuff.

This is a good way to feel. I've had some moments of anxiety and ... for what? I'm qualified, determined and ready. But I'm spending a lot of time and energy reading up on relevant materials and data. I'm going to impress.

It's fun. I'm sure the butterflies will return -- they always do -- but I'm in a good place.

I remember the last time I had a big job in front of me, and I had some self-doubts. Then I remembered that one of the great things in life is that you can choose to reinvent yourself. You're only limited by the shackles you put on your own imagination. When I had those fears, I distinctly remember "coaching myself up" and taking charge.

As I've said before, I'm more adequately prepared and capable for this job than I was for the glamour job back in the day. That's reassuring. I'm near the height of my abilities... I won't say at the top, because I want to continue to get better and learn and grow.

It's going to be a lot of fun. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment