Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 100: You never know

So, I've not been so good about the boring details that I provided early on about the places I was looking at to work.

Thursday one of those places turned out to be in Oregon. Now, my entire experience with Oregon was a stopover in Portland where I never got off the plane. I guess technically that puts Oregon on my list of places I've been, but really... I don't know it.

I had a good friend who lived there and she loved it. But she was a goof, so you gotta be careful with that.

Anyway, Oregon. A good job, good location... it would work. In keeping with my policy of only targeting strong fits, I wrote a pretty good pitch letter and sent my stuff. It didn't take long to get a response from the main dude there. That was nice.

Hey, it's a longshot. I even said that to him. But I also pointed out that the neat thing about longshots is that they can pay off big.

Oregon. You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment